- 23 years in tech, 16 as a dev
- CISO for Canadian Election in 2015, 13 years public service, including anti-terrorism
- Ex-Microsoft Cloud Advocate & PenTester
- Speaking or training on 6 continents, hundreds of events, community leader
- 2019 ‘Hacker of the Year’ - CSWY Award
- Founder: SheHacksPurple.dev, OWASP DevSlop, WoSEC, #CyberMentoringMonday
Tanya Janca, also known as ‘SheHacksPurple’, is the founder, security trainer and coach of SheHacksPurple.dev, specializing in software and cloud security. Her obsession with securing software runs deep, from starting her company, to running her own OWASP chapter for 4 years in Ottawa, co-founding a new OWASP chapter in Victoria, and co-founding the OWASP DevSlop open-source and education project. With her countless blog articles, workshops and talks, her focus is clear. Tanya is also an advocate for diversity and inclusion, co-founding the international women’s organization WoSEC, starting the online #CyberMentoringMonday initiative, and personally mentoring, advocating for and enabling countless other women in her field. As a professional computer geek of 20+ years, she is a person who is truly fascinated by the ‘science’ of computer science.
As a self-proclaimed "AppSec Nerd", she was the ideal candidate to create this course for you. Please watch this video to learn more.